Ernest A. Zitser, Ph.D.
Librarian for Slavic and East European Studies
Adjunct Asstistant Professor, Dept. of Slavic and Eurasian Studies
230 Bostock/Perkins Library
Durham NC 27708-0195
- The "Vita" of Prince Boris Ivanovich Korybut-Kurakin: An Annotated Translation (book).
- "A Full-Frontal History of the Romanov Dynasty: Pictorial 'Political Pornography' in Pre-Reform Russia," The Russian Review 70 (October 2011): 557–83. Click here to read abstract.
- "The Vita of Prince Boris Ivanovich "Korybut"-Kurakin: Personal Life-Writing and Aristocratic Self-Fashioning at the Court of Peter the Great," Jahrbücher für Geschichte Osteuropas, Band 59 (2011), Heft 2, pp. 163-194. Click here to read abstract.
- "The Transfigured Kingdom: Sacred Parody and Charismatic Authority at the Court of Peter the Great" [Studies of the Harriman Institute] (Ithaca and London: Cornell University Press, 2004). Click here for online description.
- "Post-Soviet Peter: New Histories of the Late Muscovite and Early Imperial Russian Court [Review Essay]", Kritika: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History 6:2 (spring 2005), 375-92. Click here to read online.
- With Pamela J. Kachurin, "After the Deluge: Russian Ark and the (Ab)uses of History," NewsNet: News of the American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies 43, no. 4 (2003), 17-22. Reprinted in Historically Speaking: The Bulletin of the Historical Society, 7:6 (2006). Click here to read online.